This event inspired me to be more prepared for when she doesn't feel well again. I took the initiative and used my dog PLNs to do a little research on what to give her. I thought this would be helpful to share with my follow dog owners and future owners.
I couldn't find the original resource for this and just found the image on Pinterest. I will give credit to sheknows though since that is on the bottom of the infographic. Now this should not be considered true medical advice but it is a good option.
Since this was such a sad/gross/boring post I added this :)


ReplyDeleteWow! I had no idea that you could give dogs people medication. That's great to know for the next time my dog gets sick.
Glad I could help. We didn't end up giving Spring any medications but I now easily can access this if I need it.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear that your princess was sick. How is she now? Hopefully, she got over.
ReplyDeleteIt's surprising that there are such medications for dogs. But it is understandable. When my cat suffers from an eye infection because of a cold, we usually put eye drop that is made for people. Her veterinarian prescribed it.
Spring is fine now. Went ahead and ate several balls of cookie dough a couple days later. Grrrr.
DeleteYeah the idea was brought to me when my childhood dog got allergies we gave her children's bendadryl and it really helped her.
Once I helped my friend to walk her dog which called Yoto. He was excited and couldn't help running and smelling around. When I saw him ate a mushroom, it's too late to pull the mushroom out. One hour late, Yoto began to vomit. I don't know how to help him at that time. Hope I could read this blog before that situation happened. But he got better after several times of vomiting.
ReplyDeleteIt's scary when your baby is sick! Spartacus ended up in the Emergency vet one night when he ate half a bag of Dove's chocolate. Had to have his tummy pumped.:(
ReplyDelete(This happened when his grandma was babysitting). Hope Spring is feeling better.
Oh no ! Poor Spring ! I also did not know you could give dogs medicine that humans use. I like how you tied in the PLNs into this blog and i am glad to see something we learn in school actually paying off in the real world ! hope Spring gets better
ReplyDeleteI washed my dog with old spice body wash once and it totally screwed him up. He was shedding and had irritated skin for weeks. Something about PH balance. That infographic is interesting. Maybe if I would have seen it back when I would have thought twice about what is ok for humans might not be good for dogs.
ReplyDeleteNo way?! I never thought of giving dogs medication that people use. How interesting. How Spring is feeling better.
ReplyDeletePoor baby :( Is she feeling better now? Seeing our animals sick is a terrible feeling. I am sure it's the same for babies. But since they can't tell us what's wrong, we are literally helpless. All we can do is try to make them comfortable. Your infographic is super interesting. I never would have thought of giving those medications to animals.
ReplyDelete