Adventures #1 Folsom Lake

My husband and I (well really just me) have been looking for good off the leash areas for our high energy dog. We were told about Beals Point at Folsom Lake. This is a wonderful place that my husband and I found. After our first visit we went and bought ourselves a year pass! Well not exactly true we waited until the start of the next month because the pass works until the month you buy the pass meaning if we bought it late October we would have paid for a month we didn't actually use it.

The lake is so much fun! Spring gets to run around and chase geese and rabbits and play in the waves. She has an infinite amount of room to run and explore (at least it feels that way to her). Plus there are several different terrains that makes it a unique walk every time we have gone. Below are some pictures of the lake along with pictures of my mom's and sister's dogs.

Update: I decided I wanted to add a pro/com list (11/1/16)

Pro:
~ almost infinite amount of room
~ can swim with your puppy
~ has flush-able toilets
~ super fun things to chase for the puppy
~ cool terrain
~ safe

Con:
~ pay for parking
~ summer is super busy
~ well trained dog required
~ dog will return wet and muddy (often stinky and sandy)
~ no actual trails on the beach area and hard to navigate around some "creeks"

Beach run on the North side

Tiny waterfall my husband tried damning up (it's like taking a little boy with me sometimes) The teacher in me wanted to plan a class field trip to see what erosion can do to an area. 

Spring satisfied with her treat as the other dogs beg my husband

If you look carefully you will see geese and a dog who isn't remotely close to the geese but is still chasing the geese haha 
Hint: The dog is the black spot by the push on the right the geese are on the left over the water.

Exciting car ride to the lake (added because it is cute)

The South side of the beach where it is rocky but you get a pretty cool walk at the base of Folsom Dam. 

One of the many creeks you have to walk across that feed the lake (another cool example of erosion)

If you would like to go yourself click link for the directions Beals Point Recreation Area 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so pretty. Looks like a great place to get outside and explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super pretty and kind of an unique terrain! Maybe a fun place for you to take pictures!

      Delete
  2. The dogs are so cute. I like dogs, but I never think about having a dog. You know I'm an international student. I can't imagine that if I have to go back and leave the dog alone. So, if I can stay and continue working in U.S., I may have a dog though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine you would need to be committed enough to stay in the country before you decide to get a dog.

      Delete
  3. Awe, I am in love with your dogs. I love dogs, but I don't have a big place for my Siberian Husky. She lives on my friends farm. I wan't to explore Folsom Dam with my baby girl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring loves it out there, just make sure she is good at coming because there are a lot of things to chase and I know huskies love to run!

      Delete
  4. How beautiful, kinda makes me want to get a dog...kinda. I am a cat person, my husband wants a dog, perhaps when we buy a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha my parents were the same way except switch (mom liked dogs and dad liked cats) so they compromised and adopted a dog and named him Kitty.

      Delete
  5. I just decided to go there, Beals Point next weekend, I don't raise a dog though! Hopefully, I finish my draft for Monday class soon so as to enjoy myself there!

    ReplyDelete